Is there a ban on entering the country because of the coronavirus?
There is no ban on entry to Ukraine for foreign citizens and stateless persons. Regular international passenger service has been renewed.
Who is not subject to the ban on entry to Ukraine?
- persons who have permanent or temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- persons who are spouses or children of Ukrainian citizens;
- drivers and staff engaged in servicing of freight vehicles;
- crew members;
- representatives of official international missions, diplomatic missions, organizations and their families.
What should Ukrainian citizens do if they have not managed to return home before the ban?
Citizens of Ukraine who cannot return should contact the embassies and consulates of Ukraine in the host country.
Crossing the border
To control the epidemic, a global quarantine was introduced: most countries of the world temporarily closed their borders and restricted the entry of foreigners. The same decisions were applied by Ukraine, which contributed to the passage of the epidemic under a milder scenario.List of countries with a significant spread of COVID-19
Can foreigners enter the territory of Ukraine?
Foreigners are allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine. Citizens of other countries need to have an insurance policy that covers the cost of COVID-19 treatment and observation.
Regarding entry to Ukraine during the quarantine period
Foreigners and stateless persons crossing the state border to enter Ukraine must have an insurance policy (certificate) issued by an insurance company that is registered in Ukraine, or a foreign insurance company that has a representative office on the territory of Ukraine or a contractual relationship with a partner insurance company on the territory of Ukraine (assistance), and covers the costs associated with COVID-19 treatment, observation, and is valid for the duration of their stay in Ukraine.
This policy (certificate) is not required:
- for citizens of Ukraine;
- for foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing on the territory of Ukraine;
- for persons recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection;
- for employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states, representative offices of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and their families;
- for crew members of sea and river vessels;
- for military personnel (units) of the Armed Forces of NATO member states and states participating in the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program which participate in training activities of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
If there is no such a policy (certificate), authorized officials of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine have the right to refuse to cross the state border to a foreigner and a stateless person.
If you have any other questions related to the requirements for these policies (certificates), we recommend that you contact the Ministry of Health of Ukraine or read the information on the information portal https://visitukraine.today/ua.
According to the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 09.12.2020 No. 1236 "On the establishment of quarantine and introduction of restrictive anti-epidemic measures in order to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus on the territory of Ukraine", citizens of Ukraine, foreigners and stateless persons crossing the state border and arriving from states or citizens (subjects) of states with a significant spread of COVID-19, are subject to self-isolation .
The exception is (if there is no reason to believe that the following persons were in contact with a COVID-19 patient):
- persons under the age of 12;
- persons arriving in Ukraine for the purpose of studying in higher education institutions;
- persons who are citizens (subjects) of states with a significant spread of COVID-19 and have not been on the territory of such states in the last 14 days or are traveling through the territory of Ukraine in transit and have documents confirming departure abroad within two days;
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states, representative offices of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine and their families;
- drivers and crew members of cargo vehicles, buses that carry out regular transportation, crew members of air and sea, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
- instructors of the armed forces of NATO member states and states participating in the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, who participate in training activities of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- cultural figures at the invitation of the cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them;
-persons who transport hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
-persons who have a negative result testing for COVID-19 by polymerase chain reaction, which was carried out no more than 48 hours before crossing the border.
Persons subject to self-isolation due to crossing the state border are required to install and activate the mobile application of "At home" system (hereinafter referred to as the mobile application). If it is not possible to install such a mobile application, the person is subject to observation.
The period of self-isolation is 14 days.
The list of states with a significant spread of COVID-19, which is formed by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and reviewed every 7 days, can be found independently at the link.
For more information about the mobile application, please follow the links:
For persons who have questions about Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea
During the quarantine period, it is prohibited to cross checkpoints of entry to the temporarily occupied territories in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol and departure from them to foreigners and stateless persons without an existing insurance policy (certificate) issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine, or a foreign insurance company that has a representative office on the territory of Ukraine or contractual relations with a partner insurance company on the territory of Ukraine (assistance), and covers the costs associated with COVID-19 treatment, observation, and is valid for the duration of stay in Ukraine.
If there is no such a policy (certificate) for foreigners and stateless persons, authorized officials of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine have the right to refuse to cross the entry and exit checkpoints.
Are there any alternatives instead of 14-day self-isolation?
The new easing of quarantine restrictions is designed to make the stay of foreigners and Ukrainians returning to Ukraine as comfortable as possible. Therefore, instead of mandatory self-isolation through the "At Home” app, you can take a PCR test for the presence of COVID-19. If the result was negative and the person was not infected, it is not needed to self-isolate.
You can also end your self-isolation ahead of schedule by taking a test.
ALGORITHM FOR ENDING SELF-ISOLATION FOR PERSONS WHO HAVE CROSSED THE STATE BORDER
List of countries with a significant spread of COVID-19
The Ministry of Health has developed a list of countries that are divided into “red” and “green” zones according to the incidence of COVID-19.
Those arriving from the "green" zone will not be observed. Those arriving from the "red zone" can choose to: install "At Home" app and spend 14 days in self-isolation, or take a PCR test for COVID-19 (no more than 48 hours before crossing the border), and if the result is negative, do not self-isolate. Information on countries with a significant spread of COVID-19